Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

lots of things.

lots of things are important.
things like cleaning my house.
looking for work.
blog-stalking.

such is my life.

these two things are most important today.

one, I have a deep love for socks.  but plain white socks are just the lamest thing ever.  these are pink with dinosaurs and hearts.  they are nothing short of perfect.

two, ronnie day is a gem.
I would like to thank my ridiculously cool ex-boyfriend for providing me with the album and endless hours of listening to 

"I'm in love with you
so I'll keep breathing just so I can do
everything you need me to
and I'm a slave for all of your antics
I'm just a slave
I'm such a romantic fool."

which is currently my favorite song on the album (living for love)
but it changes all the time, because the whole album is splendid.
(splendid is a good word)
anyway, as much as I love "living for love", it isn't the one that's been stuck in my head for two days.

so I'm giving you all the link and lyrics to the one that has. for your listening enjoyment.

I know life, and I know love
and this is neither of them
and you know right from wrong - well you've done wrong
but I will love again
whether or not it's you.
well if it's easier to cry then let go
cause you will see through tear-soaked eyes that I am here for you.
I'll be reading your notes in vain
they are novocain but lately I feel the pain
so the picture frames are coming down for now
I am weak, but I am proud
and if you are ever lonely again
I know that you hate the way I work so long
I know you hate the way I wrote this song
stayed up till the break of dawn
but love is not a compromise
it's something like the rising of the sun
although you've seen it a thousand times
you can't explain it.
well if it's easier to cry then let go
cause you will see through tear-soaked eyes that I am here for you
and I will sing for you
a song so good you'll doubt I wrote it
and I will dance for you.
I won't step on your toes.
and I will laugh for you
you'll have no choice, you'll have to say "I need you"
but till then...
I'll be reading your notes in vain
they are novocain, but lately I feel the pain
so the picture frames are coming down for now
I am weak but I am proud
and if you are ever lonely again
just call my name.

as my life is oh, so exciting
(note the sarcasm)
music seems to be the main thing to bring me joy.
and not just ronnie day.
Today I finally tracked down the song that he deemed "song of the moment" when we broke up.
It's perfect. (though, I'm not sure why the video has 3 minutes of silence at the end.)

moral of the story: music is awesome.  I am definitely a fan.
also, my ridiculously cool ex-boyfriend has awesome taste in music:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, you