Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

peter pan. love.

"when the first baby laughed for the first time
its laugh broke into a thousand pieces
and they all went skipping about
and that was the beginning of fairies"

"never say goodbye because goodbye
means going away, and going away
means forgetting."

"you know that place between sleeping and awake,
that place where you can still remember dreaming?
that's where I'll always think of you."

"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough.
you can have anything in life if you will sacrifice
everything else for it."

"those who bring sunshine to the lives of others
cannot keep it from themselves."

"God gave us memory so that we might have roses in december."

"if you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else,
and if you don't have it,
it doesn't matter much what else you have."

"young boys should never be sent to bed.
they always wake up a day older."

(just freddie highmore breaking my heart. no
big deal...)

this week, I had a movie night with my sisters.  We rented pride and prejudice and finding neverland.
I have always loved peter pan.
I remember watching the disney movie when I was a wee small child.

now that I'm a grownup, I find the story truly magical.  It has everything an adventure needs.
mermaids, pirates, indians, fairies....

and the quotes are truly perfect.  It always has and always will be one of my favorite stories.

I love it.

[quotes by the brilliant JM Barrie]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, you